New opportunity at Meritage Homes for Vice President – Investor Relations, Public Relations and ESG.
Fundamental Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development of investor relations’ strategies, policies, programs and projects including the development of an annual investor relations calendar and events.
- Responsible for the compilation and preparation of all Board meeting presentations
- Manage the production of all financial presentations to be used by the senior officers for institutional investors and the development of annual reports (excluding the 10-K), financial news and earnings releases, investor relations website content, and other IR communications.
- Act as a front-line resource for investors and analysts including responding to special IR and investor situations, building relationships with key analysts and communicating publicly-disclosed financial and operational metrics including short and long-term financial projections to the investor community.
- Responsible for keeping executive management abreast of Wall Street expectations, investor questions, industry conferences, competitor developments, and trading activity.
- Lead the aggregation and reporting for Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Work collaboratively across internal functions to collect applicable data and keep current on developments in the ESG space.
- Oversees the gathering of ESG-related data and where possible benchmarks peers. Aggregate metrics and progress for sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement processes.
- Analyze the ESG expectations of our investors and assess how our company meets investor expectations while using that data to continually improve ESG investor communications.
- Oversee aspects of financial industry public relations and financial external affairs (excluding SEC filings). Develop cooperative relationships with journalists, analysts and investors.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or Economics.
- Investor Relations Charter (IRC) strongly preferred
- Ten (10) years of accounting experience in a large public corporation, with five (5) years of direct experience in senior Investor Relations roles at a large public corporation
- Business related experience in financial analysis and modeling and detailed knowledge of Investor community
- Solid understanding of Reg FD and other applicable SEC regulations governing public disclosures
- Advanced computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High proficiency in Power Point
- Experience with extracting data from Bloomberg terminals
- Must be able to analyze Annual Reports and SEC filings to utilize relevant information in presentations for the board of directors and the investment community.