There is a new opportunity at Herman Miller for Vice President of Better World (Corporate Social Responsibility).
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Developing Strategy: Lead the development and alignment of Herman Miller’s Global Better World strategy with the corporate strategy
- Cultivating Collaboration: Oversee, direct, and manage our Better World activities across our global cross-functional Better World teams to ensure collective alignment, focus, and forward progress
- Leading the Team: Develop and lead the cross-functional team to set, measure, and manage achievement of our Global Better World goals and metrics
- Developing the Ecosystem: Identify, establish, and leverage external Better World-related benchmarks, resources, potential partnerships, etc., to help accelerate the realization of our Better World priorities
- Defining & Measuring Success: Lead and manage our annual Better World reporting efforts and ensure these metrics are consistently leveraged with customers, employees, and our stakeholders more broadly
- Communicating our Purpose & Progress: Serve as the voice of Better World on the leadership team and as the external spokesperson of Herman Miller’s Better World activities to raise our profile on the national and global stage
Our cross-functional Better World team includes representation from Product Sustainability, Real Estate & Facilities, DEI, Employee Health & Well-Being, and Corporate Giving.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- The ability to lead direct and indirect reports in a global matrixed organization
- Working knowledge of major ESG/CSR reporting tools, systems, and frameworks
- Strong executive-level communication skills
- Data-driven decision-making skills
- Passion for leveraging business as a force for good
- The ability to educate, inspire, and influence a diverse group of stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience building partnerships with C-suite executives internally and externally. Board experience preferred.
- 15+ years of work experience in fast-paced corporate environments
- Experience in a business results-oriented role such as Sales or Operations, or ideally experience leading a business/owning a P&L
- Experience leading DEI, CSR, ESG, and/or Corporate Foundation activities and initiatives
- Public relations/media experience
- A Bachelor’s degree