Macy’s is hiring. The position of Vice President, Sustainability is currently vacant.
The Vice President, Sustainability will be responsible for creating, developing and deploying the Macy’s sustainability strategy throughout the organization. The role will focus on implementing best practices across Macy’s including but not limited to Central Sourcing, Product Development, Design, Fabric, and other partners. This role reports directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and will lead a team that ensures Macy’s commitment to being a sustainable retailer. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create a high-level Product and Environmental sustainability strategy which supports broader Macy’s strategic initiatives.
- Identify specific drivers for sustainability in collaboration with leads of Production, Product Development, Sourcing, Design, Fabric and Supply Chain.
- Determine long-term goals and annual objectives to achieve sustainability goals.
- Create KPIs, audit processes and procedures to measure actions against outlined goals and objectives.
- Establish external partnerships with organizations that maximize the ROI of Macy’s sustainability strategy and leads to positive recognition for the company.
- Develop and maintain a database of preferred vendors that takes into account their cooperation in Macy’s sustainability strategy.
- Build working relationships with regulatory and public officials to ensure Macy’s is taking advantage of federal, state and local sustainability programs.
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop content and material regarding Macy’s sustainability best practices.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.