BlackRock is seeking a new VP, Corporate Sustainability.
About this role
BlackRock’s Corporate Sustainability team is responsible for producing BlackRock’s corporate sustainability disclosure, policies, and strategy.
The VP, Corporate Sustainability will focus on initiatives related to Corporate ESG Data, Ratings and Disclosure, and corporate environmental and social initiatives for BlackRock, Inc. The VP, Corporate Sustainability will report to BlackRock’s Chief Corporate Sustainability Officer, who in turn reports to BlackRock’s Global Head of Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability. Additionally, the VP, Corporate Sustainability will help the Chief Corporate Sustainability Officer manage the day-to-day functioning of the Corporate Sustainability team.
- Participate in initiatives and special projects to advance BlackRock’s Corporate Sustainability strategy and disclosure framework.
- Coordinate content development for BlackRock’s Corporate Sustainability disclosures including but not limited to reporting in accordance with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) frameworks.
- Facilitate data governance and review process to ensure accuracy and timely collection of BlackRock’s corporate sustainability data and disclosures. Manage the associated assurance processes related to corporate sustainability reporting, where applicable.
- Develop and maintain content for BlackRock’s corporate sustainability website.
- Oversee development and maintenance of key qualitative and quantitative corporate sustainability metrics, talking points, RFP language, and presentations for use in internal and external communication.
- Engage with internal stakeholders and senior leaders of various E,S,G initiatives across BlackRock to identify KPIs and ensure they are effectively integrated into accountability frameworks.
- Respond to requests for corporate sustainability information from internal stakeholders and clients, including reviewing responses to corporate sustainability questions in RFPs.
- Oversee BlackRock’s responses to key ESG surveys, ranking and ratings agencies’ information requests, including Sustainalytics, MSCI, DJSI / RobecoSam, ISS Oekom, Bloomberg and CDP, among others.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience preferably in asset management or financial services, corporate reporting, corporate sustainability / ESG reporting, sustainable investing, investment stewardship, and/or environmental sustainability
- Ideally, candidate has experience with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks including SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc. – active engagement or relationships with standard-setting organizations a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for sustainability issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends as well as the relevance of sustainability issues to the financial services industry
- High level of independence, ability to innovate, ability to work under pressure and comfortable taking ownership and primary responsibility for deliverables
- Candidates will need to be flexible and adaptable as this is a growing team and rapidly evolving environment
- Interest in mentoring junior members of the team
- Comfortable working in a highly cross-functional environment that requires frequent interaction and communication with a wide range of individuals across disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Passion for sustainability and sustainable investing