Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Worldwide Manager, Sustainability Reporting & Disclosure, located in New Brunswick, NJ or the broader tri-state area (NJ, PA, NY, CT).
This is a unique opportunity to join Johnson & Johnson as a key member of our Worldwide Office of Corporate Governance. As Johnson & Johnson continues enhancing our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting to meet the needs of our various stakeholders, you will contribute to driving improvements in ESG disclosure and transparency by managing the publication of the Company’s annual sustainability report and related disclosures. You will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to support the development of the report that captures Johnson & Johnson’s annual progress on changing the course of health for humanity across our three business segments. You will also serve as a trusted advisor to colleagues across the Company on ESG reporting trends and best practices as well as serve on the Enterprise Governance Council Working Group and participate in a Corporate Governance Cross-Functional Group.
- Manage end-to-end process of developing Johnson & Johnson’s annual sustainability report (the Health for Humanity Report) in partnership with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts and data providers. This includes the processes for collecting, synthesizing and summarizing the content for inclusion in the report, content development, editing, review and approvals, data collection and audit, and reporting site design.
- Oversee data collection and audit workstream for ESG metrics included in the report, including annual collection and external assurance of progress data against the enterprise Health for Humanity Goals. Ensure establishment of collaboration with Goal owners to develop the goal progress scorecards.
- Coordinate the report design process end-to-end, including the reporting website, development of assets such as videos, photography, infographics and other enhancements.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Communications team to support the development of messaging and communication plan for the content in the sustainability report tailored to specific needs of various stakeholder audiences. Track and leverage usage and traffic metrics for sustainability report website and ESG Policies and Positions pages to continuously identify opportunities for improving user experience.
- Support maintenance, annual assessment and update of ESG Policies and Positions that supplement the Company’s disclosures in the sustainability report.
- Manage agency partners and contractors on ESG metrics data collection and audit, sustainability reporting and disclosures, ensuring timelines and budgets are met.
- Stay abreast of ESG reporting trends, including the ESG ratings and rankings ecosystem, reporting frameworks, sustainability reporting standards and disclosure legislation and provide recommendations for how these developments should inform Johnson & Johnson’s non-financial reporting practices.
- Understand and apply ESG reporting frameworks and standards such as Global Reporting Initiative Standards (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and UN Global Compact.
- Oversee and manage responses to key ESG surveys, ratings and rankings prioritized by the Company. Understand the key factors driving the Company’s scores and identify opportunities for score improvements.
- Represent the team in discussions with subject matter experts and senior leaders on ESG disclosure trends to share insights on evolving stakeholder expectations, innovative reporting formats and new metrics. Prepare benchmarking and other materials to move the Company’s disclosure forward in a constructive way based on thorough understanding of external environment and existing internal practices.
- Support periodic ESG materiality assessments and other stakeholder engagement initiatives undertaken by the Worldwide Office of Corporate Governance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 6+ years of proven experience in sustainability/ESG management and non-financial reporting in a corporate setting, sustainability consulting or sustainability NGOs.
- Strong understanding of the global sustainability landscape, including different stakeholders and their interests, reporting and transparency trends and evolving legislation.
- Solid understanding of sustainability reporting frameworks and standards including GRI, Integrated Reporting, SASB, TCFD, and UN Global Compact among others.
- Demonstrated project management skills and strong writer. Good oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills. Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data and information into visual summaries, slide decks and other materials with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be comfortable to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Problem solver with the ability to quickly evaluate a situation at hand, identify gaps, opportunities and solutions.
- Intellectually curious, with a track record of demonstrated ability and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates judgment in decision making on issues impacting the Company’s reputation.
- Experience working in multi-functional teams with the ability to foster collaborative relationships, influence and build trust in a highly matrixed organizational setting. Comfort level with presenting to, and engaging with, senior leaders.
- Work experience in a healthcare company on corporate sustainability/ESG issues management, reporting or communications.
- Knowledge of key ESG issues affecting healthcare industry.